"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
88. Who and What is “Real” In Adoption? It’s not a Competition 5/1/5/17
89. Child Adoption and Parental Rights 5/25/17
90. The History of Child Adoption: Two Views 3/27/17
92. Guilty of Manslaughter: Suicide by Bullying 6/20/17
93. Dear Mr. President 8/15/17
94. To the Writers of "Young Sheldon" 9/17/17
95. Predatory Adoption Practices: What is an ADOPTORAPTOR? 10/1/17
96. NFL Kneeling: American Tradition and Customs 10/2/17
97. #MeToo: In the Wake of the Harvey Weinstein Scandal 10/17/17
98. Facts About Adoption You Won’t Hear from Adoption Professionals 11/5/17
99. National Adoption Awareness Month 2017: Hearing and Honoring Adoptee Voices 7/17/17
100. The Truth About the Adoption Tax Credit Hype 11/21/17
101. Is Killing an Abuser Ever Justifiable? What Happens When Parents are the Abusers? 12/13/17
102. Anger: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 12/19/17
103. Ban Blinding Headlights 1/2/17
On January 18, 2018 Huffington Post Discounted Unpaid Bloggers
Published Articles & Op Eds appearing in journals, magazines, newspapers, and newsletters (Oldest to newest):
1. The Midwife as a Working Mother. Mothering, No. 17, Fall 1980, p. 45565.
2. The Sealed Record Controversy, The Women's Newspaper of Princeton, May 1983.
3. The Changing Climate of Foster Care, The Women's Newspaper of Princeton, Aug 1983.
4. Adoption: A Circle of Love, Mothering, Winter, 1983.
5. The Cabbage Patch Phenomenon: More Than Just Kids' Stuff, The Women's Newspaper of Princeton, Feb. 12-13, 1984
8. Coping with the Heartbreak of Losing a Child to Adoption, Jersey Woman, May/June 1987
12. A Last Resort: Adoption should be a solution that suits children, not childless couples. Macrocosm USA, 1991, p.147.
13. A Last Resort: Adoption should be a solution that suits children, not childless couples. Social Issues Review Series, 1992, Vol. 4.
14. Adoption not Abortion? Chain of Life, CA: Berkeley. Nov/Dec 1991, Issue # 16, 6.
15. A Last Resort: Adoption should be a solution that suits children, not childless couples. Utne Reader, Nov/Dec. 1992. Vol. 4, 53-54.
16. Dealing With Death, Adoption Therapist, Dallas, TX: Hope Cottage, Vol. 6, No. 4, Fall 1994, 5-8.
17. Between the Lines: Seeking True Culpability, Communicator, IA: Des Moines, Concerned United Birthparents, July/Aug 1995, 16-17.
18. A Perspective on Family Preservation, AAC Decree, American Adoption Congress, Summer 1995, p.5.
19. Open Adoption: Optimum or Oxymoron, Adoption Therapist, Dallas, TX: Hope Cottage, Vol. 4, No. 2, Fall 1995, 13-16.
20. Abandon all Hope...Profit Reigns Supreme, AAC Decree, American Adoption Congress,1997
21. “Dear Bastards: Demand Equality!” Bastard Quarterly, Bastard Nation, Vol. 8, No 1, Spring/Summer.
22. Rickie Solinger Speaks on Adoption (Interview with historian and author). Communicator, IA: Des Moines, Concerned United Birthparents, Spring, 2006, cover story
23. The Baby Chase Pits Women Against Women: Who "deserves" to Parent? Associated Content, Dec. 22.
25. Adoption: The Child Commodities Market is Big Business, Associated Content, 5/1/07
26. Creating Motherless Children: Wombs for Rent, Associated Content, 5/21/07
28. Is Promoting Adoption Healthy and Wise? Associated Content, 8/13/07
29. Adoption and the Role of the Religious Right, CounterCurrents, 11/4/07
30. The Baby Chase Pits Women Against Women: Who "Deserves" to Parent? Associated Content. 12/2/07
31. Pro-Life/Anti-Family, Associated Content, 12/31/07
32. States' sealed records discriminate against adoptees, families. USA Today, 2/25/08, reprinted Adoptee Rights News
33. Helping Adoptive Parents Understand the Role of Families of Origin: From the Viewpoint of a Mother who lost a child to adoption. Parents for Ethical Adoption Reform, PEAR-NOW.blogspot.com, 2/13./08
34. Interview with Adam Pertman, Adoptive Families Magazine, Nov. In press. 2008
35. The Juno Mystique: Separating Fact from Fiction, Associated Content, Feb. 15, 2008
41. The Truth Behind the 'Orphan' Movie Uproar: The Real Horrors in Adoption, OpEd News, 7/25/09
42. Suffer the Children: The Exploitation of America’s Most Vulnerable, DissidentVoice, 11/23/09
44. The Death of Common Courtesy and the Corrosion of the Golden Rule OpEd News, 1/1/10
49. Author, Lecturer Mirah Riben Responds to St. Michael Patch Adoption Series, St, Michaels Patch, 12/1/11
56. Adoption and Parenticide: Seeking Truth and Justice, Dissident Voice, 7/24/12
65. All He Wanted for Christmas Was His Name, Adoption Voices, 2014
66. The Sherri Shepherd Case: One More Reason to Ban Commercial Surrogacy, DissidentVoice, 4/21/15
67. Very Real Children, Not Synthetic, Are Being Denied Their Rights, Dissident Voice, 5/27/15
71. I'm the Ghost of Alicia, Sincerely, 7/12/18
72. Separating ALL Mothers and Babies Should be a Last Resort, DissidentVoice, 7/20/18
74. Adoption Loss, DissidentVoice, 7/30/18
75. Adoption: In Whose Best Interest?, DissidentVoice, 8/28/18
76. Class and Race in Child Adoption, DissidentVoice, 9/5/18
PUBLISHED BOOK REVIEWS (6)
1. Review of Birthmark by Lorraine Dusky, Mothers in Action, Origins-USA, Winter. 2008
2. Review of Adoption and Loss: The Hidden Grief by Evelyn Burns Robinson, Bastard Quarterly, Winter. Bastard Nation (1995). Open Adoption: Differing Experiences, review of The Open Adoption Experience by L.R. Melina and S.K. Roszia, Chain of Life, Winter. 2001.
3. Review of What Lisa Knew, by Joyce Johnson. Communicator, IA: Des Moines, Concerned United Birthparents, June/July. 1991
4. Review of Recreating Motherhood: Ideology and Technology in a Patriarchal Society, by Gena Corea. Communicator, IA: Des Moines, Concerned United Birthparents, Nov., 1990. p 3.
5. Review of Birth Bond by Gediman and Brown. Communicator, IA: Des Moines, Concerned United Birthparents, March. 1990.
6. Review of Lethal Secrets by Annette Baran, Communicator, IA: Des Moines, Concerned United Birthparents, Nov.,1989, p 12.
Articles in the Concordian (community periodical) 19
1. Grouchy Old Men and Cranky Old Women, Apr. 2013
2. Governor, B.O.E. Races Looming State and Local Elections, Nov, 2013
3. Electrifying Savings Possible with Twp’s Bulk Plan, Nov. 2013
5. Property Taxes Reduction Seems Likely for Most, Mar. 2014
6. Where Did My Comcast TV Channels Go?, Mar. 2014
7. A Winter Wonderland, Mar. 2014
8. Senior Discounts, Yours for the Asking..., June 2014
9. 70th Anniversary of Warsaw Wedding: Bill and Lili Biega, August 13, 1944 to August 13, 2011, Aug. 2014
10. Educator Presents “An Education”, Oct. 2014
11. Dubovs: Kindergarten to Married 58 Years, Oct. 2014
12. How I Came To Meet Joan Rivers, Nov. 2014
13. Reinventing the Soundtrack of Our Lives, Jan. 2015
15. Ellen Sonnenfeld: Anne Frank's Childhood Playmate, Aug. 2015
16. Kidney Transplants and Treatments Save Lives, Jan. 2016
17. Three Cautionary Tales, May 2016
18. Online Dating, July 2016
19. Non-Partisan Voting Issue: NJ Casino Amendment, Oct. 2016